Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday

Today we begin our Lenten journey, a journey in which will hopefully deepen our faith and encourage us to renew our baptismal commitment. Glenmary's Associate Vocation Director shared an insightful reflection on the meaning of fasting and abstinence during Lent and it can be found on our website

Pope Benedict XVI's reflection for this year's Lenten season is based on the Letter to the Hebrews: “Let us be concerned for each other, to stir a response in love and good works.” (Hebrews 10:24). 

My prayer during this season is that it may be a time for my own renewal of my faith and my commitment to the mission need. I look forward to sharing that experience with my readers and particularly with those who have expressed an interest in joining Glenmary to serve the Home Mission need

No comments:

Post a Comment