Monday, September 19, 2011

St. Mark the Evangelist

This past weekend I was invited by the Archdiocese of Galveston Houston to make an appeal for Glenmary Home Missioners at St. Mark the Evangelist Parish. Appeals weekend are exciting since I enjoy visiting new places, giving talks about Glenmary and sharing stories from our missions. This weekend was particularly enjoyable because there was so much activity happening in the parish and the community was so welcoming - I felt like I fit right in at St. Mark's. Weekend liturgies truly felt like a family coming together to for prayer and worship. I am sure the preaching is good every weekend but I thought it was particularly good this past one. Thanks to la familia Silverio for welcoming me into their home and thanks to everyone at St. Mark the Evangelist parish in Houston, Texas for the wonderful weekend celebrations and for their generous support of the missions.

Saturday night's parish activities included a dance to honor the queen and princess of the Fiestas Patrias. The young ladies who took part of this event had raised $7,000 for the parish. Congratulations to all the young ladies and to the Knights of Columbus who supported them in their fundraising efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment