Monday, June 14, 2010

"Go teach all nations"

In his plan for an American Society of Catholic Home Missions, Father William Howard Bishop asks the question; "Does the command to 'Go teach all nations' make an exception of our own?" The answer today as it was in 1936 is an overwhelming no. Glenmary Home Missioners have been attempting to follow this mandate as we serve in the rural mission regions of the United States of America. My hope is that as Vocation Director for the Society this blog will allow me to share my thoughts and opinions on Fr. Bishops ideas, Glenmary's work today and my own personal reflections. And to close today's entry I also draw on Fr. Bishop's words from his plan; "it is time to begin, with God's help, the great task of making Catholics of those who live on the land. It is a mammoth undertaking. Generations will be required to accomplish it."

No comments:

Post a Comment