Saturday, February 11, 2012

Home Visits

After last week's "Come and See" retreat ended, Fr. Don and I spent the next six nights on the road - each night in a different bed. We traveled up-country in order to visit with the families of each of the six men who had participated on the retreat. At each home we shared a wonderful meal, gave a brief presentation about Glenmary to the families and answered a number of concerned mom's questions... Traveling to each of the men's home is my favorite part of the trip to Kenya. It allows me to get to know the men and their families - I think getting to know one another and building on that relationship we started during the retreat is a key aspect of the discernment process. Plus the added bonus of traveling and getting to meet new people, see new places is always enjoyable for me. Thanks to everyone who received us into their homes with such a generous showing of hospitality!






No comments:

Post a Comment