Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Quick Trip to México

Last week I went to San Juan de los Lagos to visit with the seminarians and to meet with Vocation team serving in the diocese. I studied Spanish at the seminary in San Juan a number of years ago so I always enjoy the opportunity to go back for visits. The rhythm of the seminary life allows lots of time for prayer, reflection and studies. The men I met with there are very much holy men who are preparing themselves in order to dedicate their lives to God, the service of the church and the people of God. At the meeting with the Vocation Team, over forty people, we evaluated some of the events from last year and planned out this coming year's agenda. I am looking forward to participating with the diocese in some of the upcoming Vocation Weeks and Vocational Fairs.  I wish I could have spent just a little more time in Mexico but I had to return in order to continue with the vocation promotions here in the U.S. as well.

Reunion con el equipo de Promotores Vocacionales en San Juan de los Lagos:


This coming weekend I will be at St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church in Houston, Texas. I will be talking about Glenmary's missions and vocations at all the weekend Masses. If you are in the area stop by for Mass and say "hi" afterwards, I'd love to meet you.

Special thanks to Fr. John Rausch who allowed me to publish his monthly column as blog post last Friday while I was out of the country. His column about labor and Catholic Social teaching truly challenges us to reflect on the significance of work and the dignity of  the human life.  Stay tuned for next months column which will be published here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment