Friday, January 20, 2017

East Africa Vocation Retreat

In addition to the Glenmary Come & See retreat occurring this weekend that I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I would also like to request prayers for the six young men who were invited to attend this year's vocation retreat in Nairobi. Fr. Bruce Brylinski and I will be hosting the men for a weekend of reflections about Glenmary, prayers, sharing and interviews. These six men have been discerning with our vocation office for over a year now and have been in regular contact with our office via emails and the internet. They were selected to attend the retreat from a large group of men who had contacted our office and had expressed an interest in discerning with with us. Three of this year's group are from Kenya and three are from Uganda. Out of the six, five of them are discerning priesthood and one of them brotherhood.  As I normally do I will try to get a group photo up on the blog as soon as I can.

For those  living in East Africa, you can contact our vocation office by email for information about future vocation retreats and to start the discernment process. vocations@glenmary.org

No comments:

Post a Comment