Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Día de los Reyes

Some times I worry about my endurance. Today as we celebrate the Feast of the Epiphany, the three Kings are my hero because we celebrate their journey which truly was one of faith and endurance. I can only imagine how far they traveled (without a car) and how long their journey lasted. Living in our current time and place we do not seem to place much value on endurance but rather speed. The prize goes to the one who accomplished their task quickest and not the one who traveled the furthest. We celebrate the one who finished first and not the one who was last but may have actually overcome more challenges. On our own journey of faith it is not about being the swiftest but about remaining faithful.
This evening I will watch the movie "The Fourth Wise Man." May it's message about the endurance of a fourth wise man staying faithful inspire me to continue on my own journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment