Saturday, September 15, 2012

Annual Mission Appeals

As part of our annual fundraising, Glenmary priests, brothers and coworkers travel around the country every summer in order to visit the parishes we have been invited in to make mission appeals.
This past week I had a chance to visit the Archdiocese of San Antonio, Texas where I made an appeal at St. Mary Catholic Church in Somerset. Fr. Alex and the parishioners were a welcoming group and I am sure very generous with their contributions to the mission fund. After preaching during the weekend mass schedule, I made a brief television appearance on the local Catholic channel. So for those of you who live in San Antonio, be watching for me on the World Mission Program with with Mary Wisniewski and Larry Boudreau.
Next weekend (Sept. 22-23) I'll be in Warner Robins, GA at Sacred Heart Catholic Church. Come out to see me if you are in the area. Fr. Don Tranel will be at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Macon GA the same weekend.
Thank you to all the parishes who invited Glenmary Home Missioners in for the annual mission appeals. If your parish did not get a visit this year you can still support the missions through our webiste glenmary.org/ways-to-give/

No comments:

Post a Comment