Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Small Things Can Be Beautiful

I have been traveling a lot as of late and readily admit I always enjoy visiting new places and meeting new people. As I have been reflecting on some of my travels I have to agree with Mark Twain who said, "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetation in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." I thank God for the travel opportunities that I have had and firmly believe I need to travel in order to break down some of those prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness I still have in me.
I also have to believe that even after traveling to distant lands we can still find strikingly beautiful things right in our own backyard... Rev. William H. Bishop said "So small a flower is easily overlooked on the roadside. You hardly see it as you pass by. But pick it up and examine it, it becomes a thing of beauty."
The photos of the calla lilies below are from the garden I started at home this spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment