Monday, March 5, 2012

Here I Am Lord 2012

I just got back from a great weekend in St Charlies, Illinois for the annual "Here I Am Lord" Vocation Conference (HIAL). I don't know how many youth were actually present but there were LOTS - and of all different ages. I had a chance to talk with many of them at the Glenmary Vocation Booth others in small groups and around the dinner table. This was the third year I participated in the event and probably about the tenth that Glenmary has been present. I am always impressed by the high energy and enthusiasm of the youth. It is also great to see over fifty different religious communities together to support the program and to see the wonderful participation of many different parishioners who volunteer for this event. I would love to see the event be a model for vocation events in all dioceses. This year's highlight for me was performing my juggling show on Friday night. I pulled out all the stops and juggled everything from snowballs to flaming torches! A great time was had by all!






No comments:

Post a Comment