Sunday, October 23, 2011

HELLO KANSAS!

"AD ASTRA PER ASPERA"


As the Church celebrates World Mission Sunday, the Glenmary Vocation office is making its way out to the Diocese of Salina, Kansas. Pat McEntee and I will be criss-crossing the diocese this week in order to visit a number of schools so that we can share the Glenmary story, promote mission awareness and of course talk with some young folks about their vocation with Glenmary. Our message this week comes from this year's theme for World Mission Sunday: "As the Father has sent me, so I send you" (Jn 20:21). We are all called to be missioners!


Lots of schools to visit and lots of miles to traverse the next few days but I hope to update the blog a time or two with some of the details. 


I close with a quote from John Updike
"When I write, I aim in my mind not toward New York but toward a vague spot a little to the east of Kansas." 

No comments:

Post a Comment