Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Marimbas, Tamales and more in Chiapas, Mexico

I have been having a great time in Chiapas, Mexico. I am here visiting with aspirant Jose Carlos who has just finished his philosophy studies in San Juan de los Lagos. As he prepares to leave Mexico and come to the U.S. to study English I thought it would be a good opportunity for a Glenmary visit with his family. Always important for us to know families and wanted to reassure his parents, and brothers and sisters that we would be taking good care of him when he arrived in "el norte."
We´ve had a great visit and J. Carlos family has been taking care of me. Wonderful food and hospitality. The trip has included at no extra charge some great mountain views from up above Esquintla and beautiful music on the marimba while down in Tapachula. I wish I could stay longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment