Monday, February 14, 2011

Green City in the Sun

Fr Neil and I are off to Nairobi, Kenya to prepare for the upcoming Glenmary Vocation Discernment Retreat. When I look at the plane ticket I always get confused when I try to figure out how many hours we will actually be traveling. I do know that we leave Cincinnati about 3:00 in the afternoon today and won't land in Nairobi until 8:30 tomorrow night - so as far as I am concerned it is over 24 hours travel time! Two men who were accepted after last year's retreat will be meeting us at the airport - Ambrose and Godfrey. We will spend the first night at Tangaza College where they are studying and maybe even sleep a little of the next day too as we adjust to the jet lag. Then we'll be off and running. After a day to show Neil around beautiful Nairobi we'll have a little time to get ready for the weekend's retreat. We have five young men who have been accepted to participate in the retreat as they continue to discern their call to religious missionary life with Glenmary Home Missioners. I am looking forward to meeting these men in person this weekend and continue this discernment journey with them. Pray for us and all those participating in the upcoming retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment