Friday, August 6, 2010

Marian Days 2010

Photos from my experience at the XXXIII annual Marian Days celebration in Carthage, MO are now available to view on my facebook page: "Hermano David Henley." It was a moving experience to be able to attend and to participate in the weekends events. Although I did not understand a lot of the language, I enjoyed the beautiful liturgies. It was incredible watching the tent city spread as far as the eye can see and pure enjoyment indulging in the delicious Vietnamese food which was served. From an outsiders and first time attenders perspective, the people I have seen here are responding to God’s call to renew their spiritual life in a mix of what I would describe as a pilgrimage, family reunion and retreat. I have been blessed to be able to participate this year and I look forward to returning next year and I hope many others receive the same opportunity in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment