Monday, December 18, 2017

Fr. Richard Kreimer

This week at Glenmary we are mourning the loss of our brother, Fr. Richard Kreimer. Fr. Rich was from Cincinnati and had just celebrated his 80th birthday on December 9th. I spoke with him on the phone that day to wish him a happy birthday and despite his health difficulties, Fr. Rich had a positive outlook. He told me "I feel like I am getting some strength back and am trying to do some walking. If I can get back to walking better, I will surely be on the road to recovery."
Fr. Rich celebrated his 60th anniversary as Glenmarian this year. On May 25, 1957 Fr. Rich professed his First Oath as a Glenmary Missioner. He was known as Br. Roger at that time. As a brother he served Glenmary and the missions in a variety of assignments. Later, he felt the call within the call to become a Glenmary priest. Fr. Rich was ordained in 1979, 22 years after he professed his First Oath. Among his other assignments, Fr. Rich served the missions at St. Francis of Assisi Church in Ashe County, NC and Holy Trinity Church in Adams County, OH.
More information about Fr. Rich can be read on our Glenmary Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment