Friday, May 15, 2015

Welcome Wilmar

Glenmary's Vocation Office recently hired Wilmar Zavala as our new vocation counselor. Wilmar has moved into the office and already started calling vocation prospects. In the near future he be out visiting discerners and leading prospects on Come & See mission trips. Remember, it is God who calls you but it is the vocation counselor who follows up to make sure that you answer the call.

My Lord God I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe that my desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope that I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it.

Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.”

Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment