Wednesday, September 7, 2011

San Juan de los Lagos

Today I am traveling to San Juan de los Lagos in Jalisco, México. A place I studied 6 years ago when I was in formation. I am traveling to visit one of our students who is in his second year of Philosophy there. Will also meet some of the other men who are discerning with Glenmary at this time. Please pray for all of them.
While there I will also participate in the annual Vocation Directors meeting. We will go over the agenda and plans for all the vocation events scheduled for the coming school year. This gathering will have about thirty Vocation Directors from many different congregations all over México. Some of the events we will be planning will include the Jornada Vocacional which Glenmary has been participating in for a number of years. These are great events reach out to many young people and give them the opportunity to get to know religious, sisters, brothers and priests and discern their call to single, married or consecrated life. An example of the weeks events can be seen in this YouTube video I made from one of last years events.


Jornada Vocacional en San Ignacio Cerro Gordo


No comments:

Post a Comment