Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ngày Thánh Mẫu

50,000 + in attendance at Marian Days Sunday Mass 
I just spent the weekend in Carthage, Missouri at the annual Marian Days festival. This was only my second opportunity to attend and I am already looking forward to next year. The event is an annual gathering of Vietnamese American Catholics. Among other things it is an opportunity for people from all over the country to come together in order to reunite and spend some beautiful time in prayer and celebration. I heard crowd estimates from between 50,000 and 70,000 people in attendance! WOW. The main liturgies in the front yard of the seminary were impressive and inspiring. Great fun was had hanging out in the Vietnamese Martyrs Auditorium on Friday and Saturday night with the teens. The temporary tent city spread as far as the eye could see. Excellent Vietnamese food was in abundance. Despite the immense heat, the masses of people seemed to have a fantastic time! Lots of water and Boba Tea were my methods to beat the heat. I spent the days at the Glenmary Vocations Booth. I met with a number of young people who stopped by and are interested in missionary life. Pray for them as they continue to discern their call. I am thankful for the long time Glenmary friends and young people who hung out at the booth, helped to pass out prayer cards and meet with the many people who stopped by. Also want to thank all the wonderful people who gave generous donations to support the mission cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment