Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Praying for Vocations

Just responded to a letter today from a man who wrote to say he was praying for vocations! I told him how much we at Glenmary appreciated his prayers. I want to thank all who were praying for the men on retreat last week and who have been praying for vocations to serve in Mission Land USA.
Found a page on the USCCB website that has lots of prayers for vocations like the one below:
(Para mas oraciones en español visita la página de la USCCB)

Gracious God,
You have called me to life
and gifted me in many ways.
Through Baptism You have sent me
to continue the mission of Jesus
by sharing my love with others.
Strengthen me to respond to
Your call each day.
Help me to become all You desire of me.
Inspire me to make a difference in
others' lives.
Lead me to choose the way of life
You have planned for me.
Open the hearts of all to listen
to Your call.
Fill all with Your Holy Spirit that
we may have listening hearts and
the courage to respond to You.
Enkindle in my heart
and the hearts of others the desire
to make the world a better place
by serving as
Lay Minister, Sister, Priest,
Brother or Deacon.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment